Subject: Re: Zip Drive Question
To: Kevin Hendrickson <hndrcksn@museum.cl.msu.edu>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/24/1995 13:56:18
>>I only have an 80 meg internal drive in my SE/30 and would like
>>to put BSD on a cartridge.  Any Suggestions?
>
>It's been a long time since I've had BSD running on my MacII (my kids have it
>now), but I was able to successfully run it from a 44MB Syquest cartridge. I
>would suggest getting one of the newer Syquest cartridge drives (270MB or
>200MB)
>They are faster than Zips.

I too have a Zip Drive.  I don't think that Zip Drives would be compatible
in the UNIX environment because to run Zip Drives, you need special
drivers/extensions.  There are none that I know of for BSD.  I wonder if
there are drivers for BSD and I just don't know about them.

Kevin, your answer to the question was not a good answer.  I hear this from
people on newsgroups all the time:  Q: "Will _____ be coming out for
Macintosh sometime soon?"  A: "Macs suck!  Get a PC!"  Try to answer so
that the guy doesn't have to go out and get a new piece of hardware.

Thanks,

Jon