Subject: Re: Zip Drive Question
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Kennedy <skennedy@acsu.buffalo.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/24/1995 20:18:48
>The regular scsi disk drivers should be able to handle the ZIP drives,
>I think.  As long as you put one disk in and leave it there for the
>duration, it should look like a regular hard disk.  I don't know why
>the MacOS needs special drivers/extensions unless it's to handle
>mounting, unmounting and changing of the media...

That is correct.  The ZIP (which I really like) appears to be a normal
scsi device.  However, it comes with special mac driver that allows
automatic mounting when a disc is inserted.

-sean

--
Sean Kennedy                 | skennedy@acsu.buffalo.edu
81 Raintree Island, Apt. 6   | University at Buffalo School of Law