Subject: Re: Various ramblings...
To: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
From: David Hornsby <djh@cs.mu.OZ.AU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/24/1995 10:13:23
> From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
> Yeah, I've tried to install uar/cap on my NetBSD/mac68k system.  It
> worked for a while, and then I killed the process and restarted it and
> it stopped working.

If you happened to have used kill -9 to kill an NBP registered process,
then it certainly wouldn't have started up again. At least, not with the
same name.

> I've since mostly given it up as buggy, poorly
> documented software.  Not that I'm complaining too much; you get what
> you pay for...

Since I maintain UAR, we can continue this discussion off-line.
(UAR 1.0 support for NetBSD will be available in the next patch
update, it's already in UAR 1.1).

Since CAP is maintained by the user community, you also get what you
put back into it ...

 - David.