Subject: Re: IIci ethernet?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Franz Kammermeier AG Mayer <kamei@informatik.uni-kl.de>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/24/1995 00:06:11
Hi folks,

while I was in holidays there seems to have been some progress to get
Ethernet support for IIci's. I must have missed some of the e-mails
concerning this, but Brian R. Gaeke gave me hope writing:

> ...who runs NetBSD/mac68k on a IIci with ethernet, incidentally...

So I installed base.tar.gz and etc.tar.gz from forte.mathematik.uni-bremen.de
on our IIci 8/80 (the binaries seem to be the same as the ones in puma's
snapshot directory - I tried at first to get the >6MB with 100 bps from the
states :-(( ) and booted with several kernels ...

Two of them, netbsd.950804 from the outgoing directory and netbsd.tar.gz from
the snapshot directory of puma (uploaded in August), crashed shortly after the
file system checking, more exactly executing the command
	mount -a -t nonfs
in /etc/rc with a vm_fault (Steve "wormey" seemed to get the same crashes
according to a former mail).

The kernel netbsd.051695 didn't crash - but ethernet doesn't work :-(.

Any hints? Am I doing something terribly wrong?

TIA
	Franz Kammermeier