Subject: Re: PPP on NetBSD/mac68k?
To: MacBSD General <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/22/1995 12:52:59
And then spake Allen Briggs as follows:
> > well, I got most of that working a while ago (though I doubt I'd be
> > skilled enough to be able to guide anyone else)...but with regard to IRC,
> > has anybody been able to get identd to work?
> identd runs for sendmail.  What problems are you having with it, and
> which binaries are you running?

Something that often happens to identd is that it will hang around for hours
and drive up the load average, usually symptomatic of libkvm & co. out of
sync with kernel. I had this problem several weeks ago & got rid of it by
recompiling identd.

-Brian

--
Brian Gaeke, The Dimensional Gate Company    Internet E-Mail: <brg@dgate.org>
DGate.ORG system adminstrator / PGP 2.6.2 public key available via finger