Subject: Re: PPP on NetBSD/mac68k?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/22/1995 12:35:52
> > well, I got most of that working a while ago (though I doubt I'd be
> > skilled enough to be able to guide anyone else)...but with regard to IRC,
> > has anybody been able to get identd to work?
>
> identd runs for sendmail.  What problems are you having with it, and
> which binaries are you running?

identd eats all the cycles up looking for symbols at bogus places (as
I understand... maybe wrong) if kernel and identd are out of sync (or
/netbsd is not the actual running kernel and /netbsd and identd is out
of sync even though the running kernel and identd are in sync).

Renaming the right kernel as "netbsd" or giving identd the kernel's
file name makes the problem go away (if that's the problem he was
talking... ;-)

kenn