Subject: Re: PPP on NetBSD/mac68k?
To: Dameon D. Welch <>
From: Nicholas Riley <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/22/1995 01:22:45
On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Dameon D. Welch wrote:

> Okay, I've decided to be brave and try NetBSD again on my SE/30 with
> my Micro Xceed Color/30, and I have to say I'm impressed that it works
> a *lot* better than it used to, using the latest tarballs from
> puma. I'll try X and dt out tonight and see how well *that* works.

good luck - if you have any success, I'd love to know about it (yes, this
means I'm lazy, but I don't want to go off installing stuff if it won't
work either.)

> Of greater interest to me right now is getting PPP up and running on
> my machine so that I can do all those funky Internet things (like
> telnet, ftp, and irc). Can anyone point me in the right direction as
> to where to get the PPP software and a general idea of what I need to
> do to get it set up?

well, I got most of that working a while ago (though I doubt I'd be
skilled enough to be able to guide anyone else)...but with regard to IRC,
has anybody been able to get identd to work?

<            \ CIS: 72531,3633 <>   \ e*World: Sabinasata <> \ Homepage:
___________________________ \ Finger for PGP public key._