Subject: Re: Cryptographic File System?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Lennox <lennox@cs.columbia.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/21/1995 21:43:29
On Mon, August 21 1995, "Henry B. Hotz" wrote to "macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG" saying:

> Some time ago I saw a reference to something called the Cryptographic File
> System.  I believe it was a file system that stored the actual data in
> encrypted form on the disk.
>
> 1) Can anyone give me a reference?  and 2) has it been ported to NetBSD?

Check out ftp://research.att.com/dist/mab/cfs.announce for information
on obtaining CFS (and other files in that directory for papers on its
implementation, etc.).  You must be a resident of the US or Canada,
and must be mailing from a domain registered in the US or Canada, to
actually get the source code, because of ITAR restrictions.

According to the announcement, CFS hasn't yet been ported to NetBSD
per se, but since it was developed under SunOS and BSDI, the port
should presumably be easy.

--
Jonathan Lennox
lennox@cs.columbia.edu