Subject: Re: MacIIsi problem
To: David Fafard <dfafard@neca.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/13/1995 14:30:53
> Try using the Kernel NetBSD.950508,  it was specially fortified with 9
> essential vitamins
> and minerals JUST for the IIsi.  :  )  Works for me!
>
> Also, make sure you partition youre drive with a  slice for root & user AND
> a swap slice.
> I'm getting by with about 60 meg root-usr and 20 meg swap.
> As for the Boot program, check the first three boxes and make sure you give
> your Ram (#MB)
> 1 megabyte less then you actually have. Deselect ram allocation.  (any one
> know if this is still applicable?)

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

The 050895 kernel is happy w/ the 1-meg-reduced RAM size, but the
current ones (July or August) crash with it. Set the memory size
to be the real size for them, or else your system will crash with an
FPU exception as the kernel tries to start init (code which doesn't
use the FPU, incidently!).

I learned this the hard way. :-)

Take care,

Bill