Subject: Re: A little bit farther...
To: Glen Barney <glen@psg.com>
From: Killer <robisonb@ucs.orst.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/11/1995 01:56:16
Ok Glen if you have not got a response yet from Allen or the others;
here's the deal:  You need either the program "dt-1.x.x" or preferably an
all new set of binaries.  You can get the new binaries at:
puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us in the NetBSD/snapshots/ directory these will
replace the binaries such as base10, man10, text10 etc.  You can use the
old mkfs program to reformat your UNIX partition, and use the installer
to install the new binaries just as you did with the old ones.  The only
new thing is you need the new booter program MacBSD Booter 1.6 ? I think
that is the correct version number.  I had the same problem with my MAC
II and after downloading the new binaries, and a little help from Allen I
am now successfully running NetBSD and X windows.  So it does work and it
is getting better.  I hope this helps and if you need further help I can
be reached at robisonb@ucs.orst.edu.  Although I am not involved with the
"project" I would be glad to pass on what I have learned.  Take care and
have fun.

-brian