Subject: Some help with disklabel please?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@libra.loral.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/07/1995 14:44:39
Background:

I've read the man page on disklabel.
Wormhole binaries from around 7-25 or so, kernel Generic-31 from April
something.
8MB RAM
IIcx CPU
Assorted disks:  MacBSD is on sd1a at SCSI 1 with the standard A/UX
partitioning (except no swap and disklabel thinks the MacOS partition is
sd1b), swap is on sd4b at SCSI 4 (whole disk except for the partition map).
The other disks/partitions are unused/unreferenced under MacBSD so far.

I try something like "disklabel -e -r sd1" and it says there is no label on
the disk.  I try something like "disklabel -e sd1" and I can fix everything
to match reality, but the changes are ignored.

So. . . Two questions:  First, how do I use disklabel under MacBSD;  do I
need to build something like a disktab file first;  or is it just not
functioning yet?  Second, is there a man page that lists the allowed
filesystem types?

Henry B. Hotz   hbhotz@oxy.edu (h)
          hotz@libra.loral.com (w)

The opinions expressed are my own,