Subject: Re: IIci ethernet?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Siebold <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/07/1995 10:28:13
> A working IIci kernel is on puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us in
> pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd.950804.  It seems to have serial
> problems, though...  :-(
>
> -allen

This kernel still does not initialize the ethernet card.  Again it's an
Apple NB ethernet with AUI and 10bT connectors.  Can anyone point me to a
kernel that does initialize this ethernet card on a IIci.

Also, seeing there are rumors of a ramdisk file system, I assume it will
be possible to boot on the 040's without SCSI, and then do NFS mounts of
remote filesystems.  To prepair for this, how hard will it be to support
the internal Ethernet in the Quadras?  What chipset do they use?  Will it
mean writing all new code, or can the current code be modified?

On another side note, booting the current kernel on a Quadra 650, it
gives me the error that the ROM info is not included for this machine.
Is this just a matter of saying that it has IIvx class adb system, or
will the developers need more info about the Quadra ROMS?  I'm
voluntering my time if more info is needed.

-Pete

PS. Alan, thanks for all the hard work!!