Subject: Re: IIsi woes, still!
To: Scott Lipcon <slipcon@max.tiac.net>
From: Mark I. Eisenstat <eisen@integrated.achilles.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/31/1995 23:30:50
On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Scott Lipcon wrote:

> using 204 buffers containing 835584 bytes of memory
> mrg: 'Mac IIsi class ROMs' rom glue, tracing off, debug off, silent trap,
> adb: bus subsystem
>
> then it just sits there acting dumb...
>
> It is a 5Mb IIsi, and I have set the Ram in the booter prefs to 4Mb, to
> avoid the video problems.  I am not trying to boot with a serial console,
> since people say tht the IIsi no longer needs it.

Try the latest kernel - but use 5MB with auto-sizing turned on.  Works
fine for me, just got it running, actually... you need booter 1.6.  I
tried the tarballs from July 8th.  (this is the -current distribution, btw)

Regards,
Mark - Morgoth@OceanaMUSE and many more...
: eisen@achilles.net, eisen@bnr.ca, meisen@oceana.sdsc.edu, meisen@musenet.org
: Visit OceanaMUSE today! telnet oceana.sdsc.edu 4201, or musenet.org (guest)