Subject: Re: mac system software version
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian R. Gaeke <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/31/1995 02:06:56
And then spake Scott Lipcon as follows:
> someone mentioned to me that he thought that macbsd was incompatable with
> system 7.5.  is this true?

No. I boot from System 7.5 all the time.

> I have had trouble getting it to boot, my system isn't supported officially.

What system do you have?

> EXACTLY how should the mac side be set up?
> VM is OFF, 32-bit addressing is ON, monitor set for BW, booting
> with no extensions, System 7.5, 10Mb RAM.

This looks right.  Make sure you have at least booter version 1.6.

Brian Gaeke, The Dimensional Gate Company    Internet E-Mail: <>
DGate.ORG system adminstrator / PGP 2.6.2 public key available via finger
NetBSD/mac68k: free UN*X on a Mac II.