Subject: Re: What is the status of MacBSD w/o FPU?
To: Lars <lars@abc.GOV.AU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/28/1995 08:33:23
> I have an LCII and is looking for information on the status of MacBSD
> for this model.

Well, there are a couple of caveats.
Your first question is about the FPU.  I have a IIsi w/o FPU here
and can testify that the FPU emulation works for a couple of FPU
instructions, but not for any math, yet (it does register saves
and restores).  I.e., I can run ftp, but if I do it with "verbose"
on, I get an illegal instruction when it goes to compute the speed
of the transfer...  Many programs don't use FP instructions...  No
one that I know of has built with -msoft-float.

Your next question is about the ADB.  This is possibly a problem.
It's hard to say, though, because I've gotten only mixed feedback
from LC users.  Contact me directly if you'd like to work with me
to try to fill in the information some (don't expect too much--there
have been some wierd reports from LC owners...).

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>