Subject: Re: Disks
To: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@BALVENIE.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/28/1995 08:23:47
> 1)  What's the maximum partition size under NetBSD?

In general, "bigger than you can afford."  8-)

I've used 9G partitions on NetBSD/i386.  I dunno if the Mac
partitioning code does something to force a smaller limit, but it
shouldn't.

> 2)  I know that I can effectively make more disk devices than I have
> partitions by making vnd*.  But can I make several small disks or
> partitions appear as one device under NetBSD?

That's what 'ccd' is for.

however, until recently, it's not been usable on config.new ports.

Right now, somebody's working to change it to be dynamically
configured, and once that happens it'll do exactly what you want...

(i ported it to DEC OSF/1 for work, and used it to stripe over 15 or
20 HP 2247 1G disks...  mmm, speed.  8-)

chris