Subject: What is the status of MacBSD w/o FPU?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lars <lars@abc.GOV.AU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/28/1995 15:40:44
Hi

I have an LCII and is looking for information on the status of MacBSD
for this model. The NetBSD/mac68k Machine Status (Last modified: 14
November 1994) says the LCII "*may* work with FPU emulation or a
distribution compiled with -msoft-float".

Another caveat is a adb driver. The ROM ADB driver may work or may
need research.

Last I know Ken was working on the FPU emulation. How is that going
or where could I get a compiled version with the -msoft-float option.
Surely someone is using this option (!?).

With the adb driver has anyone ever tried the new driver on the LCII ?

I would appreciate any help as I am desparate to get UNIX at home. The
only other possibility is MachTen at $1k!

lars
   Lars Norved                                Tel   +61 2 333-5230   '\ /\ /`
   Technology Research & Development          Fax   +61 2 333-5443   | \  \ |
   GPO Box 9994, SYDNEY NSW 2001, Australia   Email lars@abc.gov.au  ./ \/ \,