Subject: Ethernet problems on IIcx?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnston <DAVIDJ@info.wh.su.edu.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/26/1995 12:06:07
Hi everyone,

I want to play around with ethernet on my IIcx, but I thought I'd
check what the current state of ethernet is before I run out and
start spending money...

I gather that some machine + video card combinations have nubus interupt
problems which prevent ethernet from working. Will I run into this problem
on my IIcx? I'm using an E-machines Futura SX video card which I don't
want to give up, as my old Toby frame buffer card doesn't work with my 17"
monitor. The IIcx is running a bleeding-edge kernel, if that makes a
difference.

I haven't bought an ethernet card yet. It would probably just be one of the
standard Sonic or Asante cards (is one better than the others?).

    thanks

        david

David Johnston
DAVIDJ@info.wh.su.edu.au