Subject: IIsi likes 7/8
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael South <msouth@oneworld.owt.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/21/1995 14:54:58
IIsi 5MB, SyQuest 270MB, 40MB internal
40 MB configured as:
     5 MB Mac partition
    20 MB AUX root&user (but not used)
    10 MB swap (not used)
SyQuest configured as
    20 MB Mac
   100 MB AUX root
    16 MB swap
   100 MB AUX USR
Everything is on the SyQuest
Farallon "A Series" ethernet card (probed but "not configured")
July 8 binary tarballs

It's ALIVE!!! [insert maniacal laughter]
PPPD works (FTPd many MBs over 14K modem connection.) DT 1.0.2 works.

The bad news: suspect something may be sick in file-system land.
"fsck" doesn't like volumes as created by Mac-side MKFS utility (I think
its the latest version)--have to manually run "fsck" after inital boot in
order to clear filesystem status. Got an "I/O error" when un-tarring a
source ball (don't remember which one). Possibly the tarball was corrupt.
Un-tarred games source ball, browsed around, could not later "rm -R" one of
the sub-directories--after deleting all sub-sub-files/directories it's file
count was >0. (No crashes between un-tarring and rm-ing). fsck fixed it.

---
Mike South                       msouth@oneworld.owt.com
Tri-Cities, WA USA