Subject: Re: 4 questions
To: None <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/19/1995 13:59:47
> > 3.) Can MacBSD support apple PostScript printers?
>
> Sort of.  If you have, say, a HP LJ 4si on an ethernet network or
> something, the standard printer daemon should be able to use it.  If
> you need LocalTalk, you're out of luck unless you have another mac
> that can be a printer daemon (via MachTen or lpDaemon software).

Along a similar line, I've got cap (mostly) installed on a Unix box,
and I have another Mac running System 7.5.  Now, the 7.5 machine has a
printer hanging off its localtalk network.  I know that 7.5 allows
printer sharing, so I'm looking for a way to have cap share this
printer through the 7.5 Mac.  However, it can only be on one network
(LocalTalk or EtherTalk) at a time.  Does anybody know of a (cheap)
solution?  Something like an AppleTalk router?

* Chris  | "Nobody likes brain alteration!"                              *
*  Jones |                           --Peri Brown, _Doctor Who_          *