Subject: trying to install current version
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Sweda <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/19/1995 09:13:57
 I've been able to successfully bring up netbsd on an SE/30 with
 8 megs of ram and a 240 mb drive, with the generic 1.0 release.
 However, I *really* want ethernet capability, so I installed the
 current binaries (, but when I try to boot it
 hangs on the grf0.  I assume this is because the kernal was
 compiled for use on a Mac II with the 8-bit video card, and all
 I got is the 1-bit screen.  Any tips on how to get this up and
 running?  Especially appreciated would be any info on how to get
 the networking via ethernet working.
 thanks in advance for any help...
 p.s. I would have read the faq, but
 seems to be down (no answer from ping)
Sean Sweda                        :           ITD User Services Consultant            :      UM Student Publications LAN Admin       :
     PowerTalk email:             :           Motor City Marauders (34-44)    :   1994 Internet Baseball League Champs

------- End of Forwarded Message