Subject: Re: Xisms
To: William Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/14/1995 18:09:05
William Colin Wood has randomly hit several keys, resulting in
> Note that the numbers are probably wrong, you need to compile a copy of
> xev (it's in the standard X distribution, so you can get it from
> ftp.x.org or its mirrors) and use it to determine what keycodes the arrow
> keys are sending out.

 Apparently they're just the scancodes, and I have a list of those (keyboard.h
is one)

> As to a fix for the missing "a" key, I haven't heard of one yet, and at
> about the time the "a" key goes, so do the left and right arrow keys.
> Quite annoying, I must say.  Also, for the wrapping mouse problem, I

 Looks like some window managers bring out this behavior. fvwm 2.0 always
had it, fvwm 1.24r only has it with control-a, I didn't notice either on
twm or tvtwm.

--
'Good-bye and hello, as always'