Subject: Re: Xisms
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/14/1995 13:46:59
>  Is there a fix to the non/sorta-working 'a' ?

What is this 'a'?  You mean the 'a' key?  Yeah, there's a bug in X
server that prevents 'a' key from working.  Allen told me it'd be
fixed in next X release (there's no time frame for the release date
yet).

>  Why does the mouse wrap to the right edge of the screen from
> the left edge ?

That's another bug.  I hope it'll be fixed in the next release.

>  Can I use alt as a modifier for xmodmap ? Which modifier is it ?
>  Why don't the up/down arrows do anything ?

These should be in FAQ (or are they already?).  Anyway, here's my
.xmodmaprc I use.  I map Mod1 modifier to Command key, rather than to
Option key (which is the default setting).  Older ADB code had some
bug that prevented you from using Option as Meta key (in Emacs, for
example), but it is fixed in -current.  I prefer Command key to Option
key anyway, because it's larger on my Apple Standard Keyboard.

----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----
remove Mod1    = Alt_L

keycode 0x3D =  Down
keycode 0x3E =  Up

add    Mod1    = Meta_L
----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----8<----

> Aand, how can I make
> xterm send ^[O instead of ^[[-sequences for the arrow keys ?

??  Why do you want that?

BTW, I put my xkeycaps 2.29 binary in my homepage (see my signature
below).  Under MacBSD/X11R6, I works fine with Apple Standard Keyboard
(except that 'a' key).  I *should* work with Extended Keyboard (though
you can't see the keyboard's picture in window), but I can't test.

kenn
--
Ken Nakata <kenn@{eden,remus}.rutgers.edu>  | "http://remus.rutgers.edu/~kenn/"
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey |   for Logitech TrackMan/MouseMan