Subject: Re: Xisms
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/14/1995 18:24:01
>  Apparently they're just the scancodes, and I have a list of those (keyboard.h
> is one)

Actually, this is the reason why the problem below bothers all of us.
X server returns raw scan code as key code, which ranges from 0 to
127, but you're not supposed to use key codes 0 thru 7.  That's why
MacX (commercial X server on MacOS) returns (raw scan code + 8) as key
code.  So, keys 'a', 's', 'd', 'f', 'h', 'g', 'z', and 'x' are all
illegal in the stricter sense, but somehow 'a' (= key code 0) suffers
the most.  I guess that's understandable.

> > As to a fix for the missing "a" key, I haven't heard of one yet, and at
> > about the time the "a" key goes, so do the left and right arrow keys.
> > Quite annoying, I must say.  Also, for the wrapping mouse problem, I
>
>  Looks like some window managers bring out this behavior. fvwm 2.0 always
> had it, fvwm 1.24r only has it with control-a, I didn't notice either on
> twm or tvtwm.

kenn