Subject: RE: Xisms & screen wrapping
To: Ethan Gold <etgold@vaxsar.vassar.edu>
From: Scott Jann <jann0004@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/14/1995 18:02:34
On Fri, 14 Jul 1995, Ethan Gold wrote:

> I've seen the screen wrapping problem before... It wraps around the screen
> on Sun Sparc IPC's running SunOS 4.1.3, but NOT on Sparc5's running the same
> system. go figure. I *thought* the frame buffers were the same, but I'm not
> sure. So perhaps this glitch is documented elsewhere and isn't MacBSD
> specific.

I have had weird mouse things happen on an IPC because of having a cg3
frame buffer with a monitor on it.. but X still recognized the bw2 that is
built in, with no monitor on it.. therefore, when I went to the left side
of the screen the cursor went onto the other monitor that didn't exist,
if I kept on moving, it would eventually appear on the right side of the
screen... I removed the bw2 from the kernel, and everything was happy..
I still don't know the right fix to the problem.. of telling X to use
that single frame buffer.. but this works..

--
Scott Jann (Mr. Bill)			"Zoinks!" -Shaggy
   email: jann0004@maroon.tc.umn.edu