Subject: formatting
To: None <macbsd-development@NetBSD.ORG, macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/13/1995 12:35:45
I hope somebody out there can help me.  I just got a new Seagate SCSI-2
drive and it came formatted IBM (w/ an IBM partition table).  I would
LIKE to format it for my mac, but nothing will let me since it doesn't
have a mac partition table or an Apple driver on it.  So, the APPLE HDSC
setup won't read it, and various programs I've downloaded haven't been
able to format it or create a partition table.  I did use Symantec Tools
and tried to create a partition map by hand, and now it recognizes the
partitions but won't read the device yet.

I'm looking for a program that can create a new partition map AND
hard-format the device, since it wasn't formatted even NEAR it's storage
capacity.  But, I'll be happy with a program to do either CORRECTLY.
Where should I look?  AND, does somebody have Apple's latest HDSC
application?  My version is 7.1.

ANY QUICK HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
"Love Long and Perspire to Great Heights"

* pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu  *
* pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu   *