Subject: Re: broadcast & netstat -r
To: Chris Jones <>
From: noud de brouwer <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/11/1995 19:23:47
>> Anywhone has/had the broadcast addr. with gateway link#1 in netstat -r?
>> & is it supposed to be in there?
>> & how to get rid off it when not?
>I don't have the broadcast address listed when I do netstat -r, but I
>do have several networks (subnets, actually) listed with link#1 as a
>gateway.  I'm pretty sure that means my computer doesn't need to use a
>gateway to send to those subnets.
>Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Now gated, rwhod is off & i'm not using anymore.
Found that hostname.ae0 enters the broadcast like this:

Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface
....    link#1             UHL         1        5  ae0

Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface

And that's a pain in the ass. ;)'
Somebody correct us if we're wrong.