Subject: Re: broadcast & netstat -r
To: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/11/1995 19:23:47
>> Anywhone has/had the broadcast addr. with gateway link#1 in netstat -r?
>> & is it supposed to be in there?
>> & how to get rid off it when not?
>
>I don't have the broadcast address listed when I do netstat -r, but I
>do have several networks (subnets, actually) listed with link#1 as a
>gateway.  I'm pretty sure that means my computer doesn't need to use a
>gateway to send to those subnets.
>
>Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Now gated, rwhod is off & i'm not using hostname.xxx anymore.
Found that hostname.ae0 enters the broadcast like this:

Internet:
Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface
193.78.85.255    link#1             UHL         1        5  ae0

XNS:
Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface

And that's a pain in the ass. ;)'
Somebody correct us if we're wrong.
~n