Subject: Re: I wonder
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaeson Engle <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1995 14:10:49
At 09:06 AM 7/10/95, Bill Studenmund wrote:

>We should use the fact that Apple is supporting them (w/ info) against
>Apple. Apple should be able to tell us some about how the I/O works
>as they're soon going to be out of the 68k business (timeline ~ a
>year or so, IMHO). Hell, since A/UX is dead, let us have the source!

I tried for awhile to get Apple to release A/UX as free, as it is, as
you noted, unsupported and a dead end. Didn't work, so why should they
turn around and release the source for it?

I really do hope that Apple gets with it. This type of project is the
kind of thing they need to support, for too many reasons.

Jaeson M. Engle
                     PGP Mail Encouraged
Project List                    ->
First Amendment - void where prohibited by law.
        "It is a physical fact, like gravity, that
                 big-endian is The Right Way. "