Subject: Re: I wonder
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1995 20:36:22
Bill Studenmund has randomly hit several keys, resulting in
> I think if we credited the authors, it should be doable. Though the FreeBSD
> group might be a closer target since the kernels should be much more
> compatable.

 Compatible with what and why more so than NetBSD ?

> We should use the fact that Apple is supporting them (w/ info) against
> Apple. Apple should be able to tell us some about how the I/O works
> as they're soon going to be out of the 68k business (timeline ~ a
> year or so, IMHO). Hell, since A/UX is dead, let us have the source!

 Some maclinux guy tried getting specs for the m68k machines from Apple
earlier this year.  Apple said no way, and it's unlikely they're gonna
do it anytime soon.

--
'Good-bye and hello, as always'