Subject: Re: I wonder
To: Aaron Rosenzweig <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/10/1995 09:06:46
>         Is it possible that some of these latest happenings might help
> us out too?  We could incorporate some of their work into NetBSD?

I'd bet so. I've been lurking w/ respect to the ppc stuff; I don't own
one yet. :-)

I think if we credited the authors, it should be doable. Though the FreeBSD
group might be a closer target since the kernels should be much more

Check out the linux-ppc ftp site,
They have lots of specs on binary file types.

We should use the fact that Apple is supporting them (w/ info) against
Apple. Apple should be able to tell us some about how the I/O works
as they're soon going to be out of the 68k business (timeline ~ a
year or so, IMHO). Hell, since A/UX is dead, let us have the source!

>         I was also thinking...even though Apple doesn't want to help us
> out, what about a company like Connectix?  I wonder if they'd give us the
> internal Macintosh information we'd love to have.

Uhm, we'd have to watch out for N.D.E.'s.

>         Take care,
> The bearded Tubist, son of Ginger and Harry, Aaron Rosenzweig.

Take care,