Subject: Mkfs Problem
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David K. Landrith <us005448@interramp.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/03/1995 03:32:02
I am trying to get MacBSD up and running on my Mac IIx (8MB RAM, Apple
8-bit color card, SCSI HD [ID#6] w/ partitions for 100MB Root&user, 16MB
swap).  I set up the partitions for A/UX 3.0 with Alliance Power Tools.  I
have given Mkfs 3MB of RAM.  When I run Mkfs, I get the following message
after I confirm that my HD's SCSI ID is 6:

modesense page 4(0)
Error on SCSISelect(),#2
get_deviceinfo returned 2
Partition read SCSIID = 0
Error on SCSISelect(0),#2

I have tried running this with and without extensions.  Since MODE32 is one
of my extensions, I have also tried running it with no extensions except
MODE 32.  I have tried installing it under systems 7.0.1, 7.5, and 7.5.1.

What am I doing wrong?

David Landrith