Subject: DeskWriters; ImageWriter control codes
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/02/1995 15:02:17
Hi!

In addition to getting TeX up (my other message), I want to start printing
to my DeskWriter from MacBSD. I've had a hard time coming up w/
documentation. HP's been less-than-helpful. No one whom I talk to knows
how to help me, and I can't contact anyone who does know as I'm not a
commercial developer. They don't seem to have a procedure for share-ware
development. Grr.

I've found some drivers for the DeskJet, and discovered that the DeskWriter
does graphics similarly (a raster-graphics document for the DeskJet
printed with little problem on my DeskWriter). I should be able to cobble
something together, but am wondering about any help from others. ??

Also, I believe someone (Allen??) was wondering about control codes for
the ImageWriter. One of the DeskJet drivers is part of a package which also
can drive the ImageWriter. The file is part of the beebe DVI driver, which
can be found at any CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network) site. There's
one at ftp.SHSU.edu. From the CTAN top level, the file's in dviware/beebe/.

Take care,

Bill