Subject: NetBSD & IIVX
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Raymond J Richards <raze@hitchcock.eng.uiowa.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/30/1995 09:32:48
Greetings,
	I've been trying to install NetBSD on my IIVX with out much luck. I'm hoping
that someone out there was the answer to my problem...

Some specifics:

Machine: IIVX, 5 meg RAM. 1meg VRAM, CD rom, 80meg intrenal HD(HFS) 120 meg extrenal HD
         (Unix).

Mac software: System 7.1, many extensions and control panels.

NetBSD software: version 1.0 (I also tried kernel netbsd.042995

Problem: With the version 1.0 kernel it hangs after 10 or 12 grey bars, with the
         netbsd.042995 kernel it hangs after a message that says:

	Setting MMU control (hold your breath)

	If I try to boot netbsd.042995 with out the grey bars on it hangs earlier
        (before any prints statements about the MMU).

	Oh, I'm booting to a serial terminal, in single user mode.

thanks in advance
Raymond Richards
raze@eng.uiowa.edu