Subject: Re: pine-pico
To: Joshua Freier <jfreier@saintmarys.edu>
From: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/29/1995 23:37:02
On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, Joshua Freier wrote:

> I just built pine 3.91 using the neb build option. The only flaw I have
> found is that Pine can't seem to read the .pinerc file that IS is my home
> directory. Has anyone else see/fixed this.

Yes, I've fixed it.  There's a typing problem in osdep.neb - it does an
fstat on the .pinerc file to get the file size, and treats it like a long -
its really an off_t (ie, quad).  On the big-endian 680x0, the first long of
an off_t is the high-order bits, which are almost assuredly zero on a small
file like .pinerc.  I've posted the necessary changes to this list before,
but if you need them again, let me know and I'll repost.

| Paul Goyette            | Key available via finger or key server |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0   |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6   |