Subject: Re: Some new user questions
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy A. Green <jag@spaceheater.brownout.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/24/1995 12:46:58
I believe the book you are talking about is _UNIX System Administration
Handboook_  It is by Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass and Hein.  It is published by
Prentice Hall.  It is on Second Edition, the first edition was Yellow.
It's a good book.  It comes with a cdrom of pretty recent versions of many
of the essential Unix programs.

                        -Jeremy

>IMO, it's one of the few not-so-good books from O'Reilly.  Considering
>the excellence of most other Nutshell books, they should have done
>better than that.  I know a better sys admin book but I can't find it
>(I just moved and it's still packed somewhere in a box).  It's got
>"UNIX System Administration" in the title and the cover is red.  It
>comes with (or without, maybe) a CD-ROM.  Sorry, if anyone wants more
>info, let me know.
>
>Ken

                          Jeremy Green
  jag@spaceheater.brownout.com              jag@world.std.com