Subject: Re: via_shutdown() weirdness
To: Brian Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/19/1995 23:01:31
On Jun 19,  4:12pm, Brian Gaeke wrote:
>While messing around with the network driver, I noticed the following
>irregularity in sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/via.c:
>
>  void via_shutdown()
>  {
>      if(VIA2 == VIA2OFF){
>          via_reg(VIA2, vBufB) &= ~0x04; /* Shut down */
>      }else if(VIA2 == RBVOFF){
>          via_reg(VIA2, rBufB) &= ~0x04;
>      }
>  }
>
>Where it says "Set write for bit 2/" it should say "Set write for bit 2 */"
>which has the effect of commenting out the next line. Someone who has been
>unable to shut down using 'halt' should try fixing this and seeing if it
>has any effect.

Yup, that fixed it.  I'm amazed that I missed it when I was looking
into the problem, and that it has persisted for so long (must be close
to a year that it's been broken...)

The current kernel that builds gets 'proc size mismatch' on the kvm-type
programs (ps, etc.) and I can't get userland to build until sup.netbsd.org
is back online, but soon after it is, I should be able to put up new
binaries.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:
	No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats --
	approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.