Subject: ambiguous about Zip formatting
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Rosenzweig <recurve@wam.umd.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/19/1995 22:43:06
>        Using the Mac app "MakeFs" the Zip drive came up mostly with
>Zeroes in key areas.  These values I either used or replaced.  Spots
>that were blank I left blank:
>Sector Size     512
>Sectors/Track   38
>Track/Cylinder  4
>Num Cylinders   1120

        The above would read better as:

        Using the Mac app "MakeFs" the Zip drive came up mostly with
Zeroes in key areas.  Blank spots I left blank.  The following values
I used to replace the zeroes:
Sector Size     512
Sectors/Track   38
Track/Cylinder  4
Num Cylinders   1120

remember, these were values I took from looking at my 80 meg disk and
probably aren't optimum.

        And when I asked for an explanation of setting up the 80 meg
drive as the boot disk but having it look for Xwindows on the Zip
I meant I wanted to know the commands and keystrokes, remember,
I'm a Tuba player:)  If its inapropriate to ask that, I'm sorry,
I'm just zealous.  I'll get some books shortly.

        Take care,

The bearded Tubist, son of Ginger and Harry, Aaron Rosenzweig.
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~recurve/