Subject: Re: powerdown
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/17/1995 19:31:52
On Sat, 17 Jun 1995, Chris G Demetriou wrote:

> > 	Is there a command for MacBSD that is similar to "powerdown" on
> > A/UX?  Something that acts like "shutdown" in System 7.
> >
> > 	Right now I'm doing:
> > shutdown -h now
> > and then turning off the computer by hitting the button in the back.
>
> Actually, i sort-of wonder if 'halt' should do that, on machines
> which support power-off (all of the macs that NetBSD runs on, i think,
> but maybe not quite all).
>
> certainly, it shouldn't be very hard to write some code to power down,
> for at least some of the machines NetBSD mac68k supports.  i seem to
> recall a bug that did that...  8-)

Well, the "shutdown -h now" command has always worked for me (Mac IIci),
including turning off power to the system.  'Course, I gotta manually
turn off all the other peripherals (disks, modem, CD) by hand  :)

| Paul Goyette            | Key available via finger or key server |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0   |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6   |