Subject: Re: powerdown
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/17/1995 17:34:50
On Jun 17,  6:25pm, Chris G Demetriou wrote:
>> 	Right now I'm doing:
>> shutdown -h now
>> and then turning off the computer by hitting the button in the back.
>
>certainly, it shouldn't be very hard to write some code to power down,
>for at least some of the machines NetBSD mac68k supports.  i seem to
>recall a bug that did that...  8-)

NetBSD/Mac used to be able to power down when you do `shutdown -h`,
but lost the ability quite some time ago.  I looked into it, but it
appears that even though the right bits are being tweaked, the
machine's ignoring it...

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/