Subject: Thanks, its up!
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron David Rosenzweig <recurve@wam.umd.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/15/1995 22:25:08
	I had to leave my house at noon today and couldn't back to
work untill about 8:30 tonight.  Gotta hear this, I couldn't figure out
what was wrong, seemed like things should be working.  I went ahead
and decided to check the memory control panel to see if 32 addressing
was on.  Egads, the "on" radio control button was set but said that 32 bit
addressing would not take affect till reboot!?!?!?  Evidently that
option-shift-tilde trick had the effect of putting the computer in 24 bit
addressing mode but sets the control panel so that on next reboot you'd
be back in 32bit mode wich is what you need for RAMdoubler(well, if you
want to get over 8 megs).  Very weird.

	When I pulled RamDoubler out of the extensions folder and rebooted
then launched with the patched kernel it came through but then went into
a panic/race condition.

	I removed the patched and installed the wormy generic!  It works
great now!

	What A/UX partitioning software should I use for my Zip disks?
I don't think Apple's will let me, nor does APS Power Tools but I'll try.

	Thanks loads!

The bearded Tubist, son of Ginger and Harry, Aaron Rosenzweig.
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~recurve/