Subject: Re: What's changed since 1.0?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/09/1995 10:02:00
> I've got NetBSD up & running, and am wondering what has changed in it in
> the source tree since 1.0?

Tons.  Look at the file "CHANGES" on ftp.netbsd.org or one of its mirrors.
Probably every source file has been touched.  A lot of things have been
added or synchronized with more current releases (not gcc, yet, but 2.7.0
should run "out of the box").

> Why this simplistic question? Because I have the 1.0 CD ROM and would rather
> copy from CD-ROM than ftp & use the installer. I fully expect I'll need
> everything in /usr/src/sys/mac68k tree (ie the mac68k kernel). But do I
> need to specially copy any of the other megs of stuff?

If you want a -current kernel, you'll need to copy all of /usr/src/sys.

> Or, turning the question around, can I get a selective update somehow?

Yes, with sup--if you have a direct Internet connection to a Unix box
(via slip, ppp, ethernet, or whatever).  It will update everything at
first, though...

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **