Subject: Re: X11R6 & French keyboard, C-M-left, and colour
To: None <leonard@dstc.edu.au>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/06/1995 18:51:26
> Also, along the same lines, anyone had an attempt at putting colour into X?

The main obstacles are:
	* How to change graphics modes (not really an issue if you can
	  deal with using the default mode, but this is suboptimal).
	* How to change the colors (unless you want a StaticColor display,
	  but you then still don't know what the static colors are).

These are issues that could be addressed if we could access the video
board's drivers.  This isn't impossible, but I'm not really sure what
all the issues are with this.  It's a bit far down my "to-do" list,
although it will alleviate several other problems (like helping to
turn off video interrupts in a number of cases).

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **