Subject: Re: couple of X questions
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnston <DAVIDJ@info.wh.su.edu.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/05/1995 08:53:19

> Mac IIcx 8MB Ram
> Toby 8bit card
>
> Question 1:
> I can use more desk real estate thanks to a neat control panel and my toby
> graphics card. Is there any way I can use it for X too?

I did this by hard-coding the enlarged screen size in the function
grfmv_init in sys/arch/mac68k/dev/grf_mv.c. It's a bit ugly, as you
then have to boot with a different kernel if you want to use the
original screen size, but it works and it doesn't seem to have broken
anything. I don't know if there is a better way.

The extra screen space is very nice with X.

> Question 2:
> Hitting option-ctrl-right arrow seems to be doing things to my hands :)
> Is there a way to remap the middle and right mouse buttons?

I don't know.

> Question3:
> Is it possible to compile any X proggies with the standard distribution?

Yep. Both imake and xmkmf work correctly. I've compiled things both from
the X contrib distribution and other X apps (like xv and emacs) with
usually no problems at all.

        david

David Johnston
DAVIDJ@info.wh.su.edu.au