Subject: Re: MacBSD for '040
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Rowlands <tomr@oaf.apana.org.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/28/1995 13:31:26
>Is there yet a MacBSD that works on 040 machines?  I have a C650, and would
>really like to get UNIX running. If not, are there any other ports of UNIX
>to Mac (I think MacLinux is dead). Thanks :)

I have a friend (Stranly enough, who is just finishing yr 12, which makes
this even less likely.) who is convinced he has gotten Linux working on his
LC 575, which is as we all an '040 machine. He is beginning to send me the
source, so I can try it myself on my Quadra to see if it works on anything
else.

I am not sure if this is true or anything, but you can send him mail at
<Paul_Italiano@capmac.apana.org.au>. I would hurry up with that mail too,
cos we will be changing hosts in a couple of days, and mail addresses will
stuff up.

I make no guaruntees about this... (Although I would like it to be as true
as possible. :-)

Also, check the MacLinux page. It says that MacLinux has been resurrected.

Cheers.

Tom Rowlands
tomr@oaf.apana.org.au
(Sorry, I can't sign this.)