Subject: telnet incompatibilities
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/26/1995 12:50:39
This is a problem I've had for quite a while, but it didn't seem
serious enough to deal with earlier:

When I telnet to my macbsd box from other places, I get strange
behavior.  From a DEC Alpha running OSF 3.2, it disconnects most of
the time I try either telnet or rlogin.  From our modem server, I get
a "Bad command from peer" error, and it then connects.  From a Mac
running MacX, I get connections that come up halfway, then go away.
Of course, going from the macbsd box to itself works without any
trouble.

Is there something here that I should know already?

--
* Chris  | "Nobody likes brain alteration!"                              *