Subject: =MacBSD= Iomega Zip100 + SE/30 = nope...
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =CEC= Clifford "Piyo-kun" CAOILE <ccaoile@sdcc13.ucsd.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/24/1995 02:14:00
MacBSD-General:

    (Please excuse my first post...)
    (Wow! A UN*X like system for the Mac... Now I can run my favorite
    vi macros in *vi* on a mac... Cool! ^_^; )

    Well, I was hoping that I could install MacBSD on Iomega's removable
    Zip 100 mb drives, but it always froze on startup. Formatting and
    partitioning was no problem, but during bootup, BSD panicked when it
    saw the Iomega driver/SCSI device. C'est la vie, but it doesn't
    have to be that way... What's so special about a Syquest 44 mb
    removable? ^_^;

    I will give up (with removable media boot), unless you guys and gals
    toss out some suggestions... I haven't seen much about Zip and MacBSD
    in the MacBSD mail list arch...

    Oh yeah, the SE/30 I'm using isn't mine. How much are these wee
    beasties anyway? This works well for my tasks. (And MacBSD!)

CEC.
---
   ,-~-.    \  =CEC= Clifford E "Piyo-kun" C A O I L E
  < ^ ; ~,  \  <ccaoile@ucsd.edu> (Personal)
   (_  _,   \  Sophomore Computer Science student @ UC San Diego.
    J~~>    \  Computer operator @ UCSD Physics Computer Facility
 Piyo Piyo! \  Web: http://sdcc13.ucsd.edu/~ccaoile/