Subject: FAQ on configuring Ethernet?
To: MacBSD'ers <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnson <johnson@wrs.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/18/1995 13:58:02
I can't seem to figure out how (or even where to start) to configure
ethernet.  I understand that it may not work with my card, but it
is recognized.  This comes up during boot:

[...]
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68881)
[...]
nubus0: at mainbus0
nubus0: Card in slot 9: Name: Sonic Systems Ethernet SeriesVendor: Sonic Systems,
Part: SS DEV.
 not configured
grf0: at nubus0: 1152 x 882 Monochrome QD-compatable (Radius TPD SE/30) display
grf1: at nubus0: 512 x 342 Monochrome QD-compatable (Macintosh SE/30 Internal Video) display
[...is of some concern...]
fpu0 at mainbus0 not configured
[...]
starting network
add host wild: gateway localhost
writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway darya: Network is unreachable
starting rpc daemons: portmap.
starting system logger, time daemontimed: no network usable