Subject: Re: Looking for a woking kernel...
To: Ian Dickens <ian@solserver.mitre.org>
From: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/13/1995 19:08:54
At  2:35 PM 95.5.10 -0400, Ian Dickens wrote:
>for a IIcx with extended keyboard.  For some reason when I boot I'm
>only
>able to type in 3 commands before no input can be given from the
>keyboard.
>I'm not really sure hwta the deal is because I've tried all types of
>keyboards to no avail.  I am using SCSI id 1 as the BSD drive.  Could
>this be a source of contention?
>
>Also,  I havew tried GENERIC kernel #25 and #31 to no avail...
>
>Any help is really welcome, and if I have repeated silly questions here

I am using IIcx with GENERIC #25 kernel. It works happily now.
What kind of graphic board do you use?
When you are booting NetBSD, do you find the message "grf0 at nubus0: ..." ?
If you find "grf0", GENEIRIC #25, of course #31, will work correctly.
If you don't find "grf0", dt won't work correctly, too.
In addition, you are right to set SCSI ID 1 as NetBSD drive.

Hope this helps.

))))))))))))) Yoshihisa Sugimoto ((((((((((((
Department of Medicine I / Medical Information Center
Shiga University of Medical Science,
Seta-Tsukinowa, Ohtsu, Shiga, 520-21 JAPAN