Subject: Re: IIsi/IIvi/IIvx/? test kernel
To: None <magnus@MIT.EDU>
From: Chris Kush <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 05/10/1995 19:48:07
> I am pleased to announce that my IIsi boots successfully with it's own
> extended ADB keyboard and internal video.
> But, for those of you who want a working kernel on a IIsi-type
> machine, please try :
I'd love one...
> and let me know if you have any success.
but this isn't it. It only boots over serial console. Things I
tried (to no avail):
- Telling the booter to autosize memory
- Telling it not to
- Telling it not to, and forcing it 1MB lower than the truth
- Graybars on and off
- 8 and 1 bit screen depths
- Every combination of "console" and "ttye0" on/off in /etc/ttys
- Kernel on MacOS and netbsd side
It hangs right at "setting MMU context".
Things which might be wrong:
- This kernel was compiled for a IIsi and some other si/vx
discrepancy is causing the problem?
- I'm so used to serial booting I forgot something stupid and critical
BTW, I tried booting with the control key down and trying to locate jEgret
and GetADBIndex. Both are reported as residing in low memory, definitely not
0x4080xxxx. Index is 0x00011cac, I don't have egret in front of me.
Does this kernel work for Herr Ruetten?
>-- Daniel Risacher
"A rolling fortress of sound in every bite!"
christopher s. kush email@example.com
The floggings will continue until morale improves