Subject: Mouse for X?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/05/1995 12:34:03
Does anyone have a recommendation for a multi-button mouse for X Window?

I'm running an MRG kernal on a mac II and cannot get any of the key
combinations that are supposed to produce #2 or #3 button clicks to work.

A possibly related problem is that the up and down arrow keys don't work in
X, particularly in telnet sessions using editors that otherwise recognize
them. Is there a setting that I haven't made?

Also, has anyone else had a problem with a single button mouse forgetting
which button it is supposed to be? After running X for several hours, the
button no longer acts correctly. If I click in the background it does
nothing, rather than bring up the pop up menu that works fine for the first
few hours. Also, clicking on an iconized window doesn't expand it, just
gives me the cursor to move it around - not as useful ;)

Except for these minor problems, NetBSD and X are working great for me.

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Home   (716) 377-4624
Rochester, NY 14614